Finance & Procurement
The mission of the Finance Department is to provide quality financial and administrative support services to all users in a professional, proactive and effective manner and in conformance with the highest standards set for similar operations.
Finance and procurement partners with county administration and departments to recommend the best use of public resources to achieve board of supervisors goals, providing estimates, projections and actuals, as well as performing long-range financial forecasting and evaluating capital needs.
Functions include managing payroll processing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed asset reporting, financial reporting, debt management, accounting and risk management, as well as procurement transactions and the bidding process. Finance and procurement is also responsible for facilitating the budget and audit processes.
The treasurer’s office sends bills and collects monies, which are then transferred to the commissioner of the revenue. Revenue financials are then provided to finance and procurement to conduct the functions listed above.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial transactions and reports to assist customers in the delivery of their services
- Manage the issuance and administration of debt to optimize the cost and ensure compliance with legal requirements
- Implement procurement policies and procedures for the purchase of goods and services, while encouraging competition, compliance, accountability, and fairness; and providing quality customer service
- Provide excellent service and satisfy existing and emerging needs and requirements of information technology for internal and external customers
- Update and maintain a comprehensive listing of capital assets, and implement appropriate controls to safeguard the assets
- Enhance the automation capabilities of the financial system, enabling staff to access financial records in an effective and efficient manner
- Implement best practices in risk management to protect employees and the community, and to minimize insurance premiums and claims costs
- Challenge employees to grow through internal career development programs and external training opportunities